Friday, October 16, 2009

School Final Exams Are The Real Murderers!

Being in school is sometimes fun and exciting; meeting new people, and the activities. But the one thing that all students have in common is SITTING FOR EXAMINATIONS!! No doubt for that! Even the smartest students in the whole wide world do admit once that sometimes, they hate sitting for examinations wherever. Well, my school final examinations are already here...4 whole weeks of agony and suffering, and not having any fun at all. Only 2 weeks have passed and another 2 weeks to go...it take a whole month just to sit for an examination. Wow! SPM is even worse...hahahaha. I do wonder how the Form 5 students manage to hold on until the end. Maybe they shared the same thoughts as I do, once. Well, I am in Form 4 and I am already struggling to hold on. I will be sitting for my SPM examinations next year, 2010... and I already feel like dying of the suffering and stress that we have to go through.

Sometimes I do wonder too why do exams exists? Some people tell me that it is used to help students understand their syllabus better, improve and learn from the mistakes done in the exams...whereas others tell me that it is one of the ways the government and the school teachers use to 'abuse and torture' students to squeeze information out of their brains. That is why some students swallow what they learn and vomit all out on the exam papers on the examination day, maybe its because they don't have the interest to study at all and they are forced to sit for the examination just to pass and get into college...but after that, they forget everything they've learnt and are blank... Well, I used to think that examinations were used to 'abuse and torture' me but then I realized that examinations are really there to make us learn from our mistake in the previous exams and understand our syllabus better. And we do go to school to learn something new, about the world, for instance, and from there, we use the knowledge to improve the world and create something new for the benefit of mankind.

So, now I think I will change my thoughts of the negativity of examinations to the positive side of it...I am still struggling to hold on but I have found ways to study better. One of the ways is MIND-MAPPING!!! It really helps. Anyway, I do hope I can score well and maintain my first position in class again this year. I am praying really hard! God bless me! School Final Exams Are The Real Murderers!

-euphoniumplayer93-

No comments: